Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Mock Scrapes

Travis (Tigger)
Administrator

What is the best product to use for a mock scrape and how effective are they?

November 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ken

Good question.  I'd like to know.  I started a mock scrape last Friday, using Tinks Scrape Starter Dripper.  I filled it up to the fill line, it says it will stay fresh for five days.  I'll check it out this weekend to see if any bucks are interested in it.

--

December 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Travis (Tigger)
Administrator
So how did that mock scrape turn out for you Ken? Did you notice any activity in it?
January 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ken

The Saturday after I put the mock scrape out, I saw two bucks that morning. Two big 8 pts.  I ended up missing one of them.  I can't say the mock scrape had anything to do with it, although the 2nd buck, the one I missed was close to the mock scrape when I shot.  I also had tinks 69 and some buck bomb out that morning too.  I checked the mock scrape later, and it didn't look like any activity in it.

--

January 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Travis (Tigger)
Administrator

ken at January 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM

The Saturday after I put the mock scrape out, I saw two bucks that morning. Two big 8 pts.  I ended up missing one of them.  I can't say the mock scrape had anything to do with it, although the 2nd buck, the one I missed was close to the mock scrape when I shot.  I also had tinks 69 and some buck bomb out that morning too.  I checked the mock scrape later, and it didn't look like any activity in it.

That's interesting, the important thing is you saw two big bucks after you put it out. I think I will try it next season and see what happens. 

January 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Travis (Tigger)
Administrator
I think its about time to start a mock scrape and see what happens
November 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ken

Yeah, I'm going to do another too.

--

November 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.